Friday, November 12, 2010

Vacation and God's Plan

Last week I decided to go ahead and take vacation this week. I had one friend having surgery and I could go out and help her a day or two when she got home. That was my plan.It didn't happen Then On Thursday(yesterday) I would head off to my walk to emmaus trip til Sunday.That was the plan. It didn't happen either.

My granny who lives next door to me got very ill Friday(last week). Called the ambulance, went to ER, had test ran. She needs BLOOD, and has a UTI. Staying the night in the Hospital .That was the plan. Well test results come back, sending her to heart hosp. in Lubbock. WHAT ! NOT THE PLAN. Get there and waiiittttttt.

Not her heart at all, it's a GI problem. Bleeding ulcers in tummy.Give blood, meds and some rest and on Tuesday(this week ) we are home ,but granny still weak and HOW could I go off for four days when I am her caregiver. I can't......So God always has a plan.......He knows when it is my turn for  the  walk . I am thrilled I can take care of granny and she is doing great. I am blessed and God is teaching me patience's and faith all in one.Hard test to pass but He assured me I could pass it. I am also blessed to have the friends I do. They have called, came by, send notes,texts,FB, and brought me dinner. I am so loved, and I so love each of them. THANK YOU SWEET GIRLS!!!

So Thursday (yesterday) I got to spend the morning 4:30am in a deer blind FREEZING with the hubby who was in his own blind, got back to see about granny, rested, had lunch with the girls, saw them off to the walk. Then rechecked on granny and headed to the deer blind again for the evening.

The hunting is a blast for me because I get to spend hours being still and with the LORD. I will take pictures of the inside of my blind. It has scripture written all over it. I take my Bible study and really get time with God, and just talking with Him......so peaceful.

Anyhoo there is my vacation week.I would not trade any of it for anything. God is good

And He is Faithful.... 1 Corinthians 1:9

2 comments:

Belle said...

Yours is a wonderful testimony of trusting in God when things don't go your way, or the way you planned it. Thanks for the inspiration.

Heather said...

I'm so glad your granny is doing better. Sorry about the timing ~ your walk will happen soon! I am looking forward to seeing pictures of the inside of the hunting blind.