Monday, June 21, 2010

Having a moment

Today started off with a nice relaxing trip to Altus,OK for some supplies.One thing lead to another and we had a blowout on the trailer on the way home. Luckily our very talented, smart, organized with all his tools son came to the rescue.We were stuck. You see Kyle got a new truck and he had not yet put all his handy dandy man tools in it. We had no jack, no spare, no nothing....Son rolls up with compressor, jack, and we had the tire off in just a few seconds. Talk about service.

We were loaded with lumber and hated to leave it, so we moved it to the pickup...which now I am thinking WHY did we take a trailer????? Go 20 miles get a new tire, come back, put tire on, RELOAD the lumber back into the trailer because the trailer wouldn't turn with a tailgate down........ then back to return all the tools to our son in case he needed them....farmers always needs their tools........

It happened!!!!!!!!! My sweet son said hey wanna go for a few turns with me in the tractor while your here???? Me- I guess so. He was planting cotton, using a GPS system...and the computer did it all for him, so sweet. That was one of the COOLEST rides and spend some time with my son.....wish I had my camera......Got done with that then headed home.

Got home and had to UNLOAD the trailer again.......So I am saying I have had my workout for the day.....

This will conclude vacation day number 1.....stayed tuned for day 2.....

1 comment:

Jackie said...

I saw Kyle yesterday in a sliver pu & I was gonna text you and see if he got a new one, but now I know!! ;)

Hope today is better!!