Friday, February 5, 2010

The plan???

I have started to teach the YOUTH in our church with another teacher on Sunday & Wednesday. It has been a God send. Aren't all moments like that? God has been urging me back to that class for a long time, I just decided this time to listen. What a BLESSING they have been to me.

Wednesday night we took a little test a 60 QUESTION test. It was on finding your spiritual gifts. It was amazing because I knew what kinds of gifts these kids had but to see them discover the things God has given them was so awesome.We had a great mix of gifts from, LEADERSHIP, EXHORTATION, MUSICAL-VOCAL, MERCY, GRACE, SERVICE, FAITH, ADMINISTRATION. Thats  just a few. They had scripture to read along with their gifts and WOW....some hadn't picked up a BIBLE in months maybe years.

It is so cool when you get a text that said I have read all my scriptures and I love them. I texted back and said that's because they were written for you.......love these kids, have I said that aready?

I have had a few difficult times in the last few weeks and god gave me this verse: Proverbs 3:5

Trust in the Lord with all your heart
and lean NOT on your own understanding


I shared this with the kids as their lives get busy and crazy and they may not understand things.

I have asked God to give me a hunger for His word......let me tell you sisters and brothers(I have a few male readers) Careful what you pray for.........I can't stay out of my BIBLE, I am doing a study of Esthers, then HE has me in the book of Daniel which is AWESOME.....Proverbs, John, Joel....the list goes on. Didn't know I could have a love for the word like this.......I must depart and go read some more, who knows what I will understand today, and what plan HE will have for me......

2 comments:

Sandy said...

So glad that you found my blog and I found yours, through Texas-Blogging Gals!
I am enjoying your blog already!

Proverbs 3:5-6 have "always" been my life verses, then it went to 7, then 8, and now, I'm clinging to verse 3, too, but 5 is still my life "verse".
Thank you for sharing from your experiences teaching the youth.
My husband and I began teaching in the children's dept., then the youth, and now we are just helping host in the college dept., growing with our kids!

Tammy said...

Proverbs 3:5 is one of my favorite verse.

It sound like the you're having a great time and I'm sure many blessings are on there way!